Monday, November 24, 2008

Nothing to Fear but American TV News

I have always had a distaste for American TV News because 90% of what is being broadcast is negative (the other 10% is the traffic and the weather), but lately it has become fear mongering about the economy. I don't want to just stick my head in the sand and ignore what is going on, but at the same time I want to dwell on the good that is occurring. People are still being cured of life threatening disease, people are living longer, and the poorest people in America today have a great advantage over the poorest Americans in the 1930s. So I'm just wondering is it really that bad?

In response to this fear mongering, I have decided to stop watching the American News Networks, including the local news.

No comments:

Post a Comment